Aerogel Insulation Ideal for Slim Solar Panels
- Collector pipes insulation for new solar thermal panel developed by Solar Century.
- The panel was required to be super slim (25 mm) to replace existing roofing tiles.
- This meant the insulation needed to be about 9 mm. (Typical panels use 50 mm of mineral wool.)
- The temperature range at the collector pipes is 65°–200°C (149°–392°F) depending on operation cycle.
- A solution of 9 mm of flexible, durable ThermaBlok®, which meets the thermal performance of 50 mm of mineral wool.
- The aerogel solution provided the required thermal performance while minimizing insulation thickness, meeting the key criteria.
- The very low conductive heat generated savings over conventional insulating materials during night hours.
- ThermaBlok generates no negative VOCs through the operating temperature range of 65°–200°C (149°–392°F).