Thermablok® Insulation for Residential Applications
Thermablok Aerogel Insulation Strips may be installed to the stud either on the exterior or interior side of the wall framing. Insulate the full length of framing members. Apply to all wall, floor or ceiling framing edges: headers, footers, trusses, window and door frames, floor joist and roof rafters. See Installation Instructions page.
Thirty-five percent of home heating costs are the result of energy loss through the exterior walls because of thermal bridging. Thermablok Eliminates Thermal Bridging.
New Construction / Remodelling / Expansions
Standard Applications for Thermablok® Aerogel Insulation
Thermablok Aerogel Insulation Strips enhances or replace continuous insulation, yielding equivalent results while providing the certainty of using environmentally friendly materials. The Thermablok Aerogel Insulation Strips can be attached to the framing members on the inside face, the outside face, or both.
See Insulation Instructions in the top banner links on this page.
- Thermablok Sheets provide an R-Value of 10.3 per inch of insulation.
- Thermablok Aerogel Insulation Strips and Sheets can be used with:
- Fiberglass batt.
- Fiberglass sheet.
- Radiant barrier insulation.
- Foam insulation.
- Organic batt insulation such as cellulose insulation.
Benefits of Thermablok® Aerogel Insulation
- Significant savings in energy costs.
- 100% recyclable.
- Contains no ozone-depleting substances.
- Cradle to Cradle Silver Certification.
- Uses 30-percent recycled content.
- Composite material consisting of more than 95-percent air.
- Naturally hydrophobic, unaffected by moisture, mold, or water.
- Easily applied via stick-on backing.
- Class "A" fire rated.
- Virtually no weight means low shipping cost (and low emission).
- Adds acoustical integrity.
- Unaffected by age as it does not react with moisture in the atmosphere.
- Made in USA. covered by U.S. patents